Turn the Channel to a Friends Rerun: Buh-Bye Legacy News

My Dear Ms. Liberty, Legacy news is behind me. Other than watching a few minutes of morning news with Wolf Blitzer, I am done. A couple of months ago, if I had nothing going on in the afternoon, I might have checked in with Jake Tapper of CNN. Well, he made the wrong choice of whom to write a book about, especially choosing to ignore the crazy pants who blabbered on to West Point grads about gangsters and trophy wives. I have boycotted Tapper.

My favorite journalist and author, Anderson Cooper, looks painfully restrained, and how much longer will Kaitlan Collins be able to fight off the “good ol’ MAGA boys” as she makes them whimper using her knowledge of history to shut them down? Besides, by the time Kaitlan is on the news at 6:00 pm PDT, I have already received my news for the day via my preferred independent news sources on YouTube. May I recommend…
Meidas Touch Network: I particularly enjoy listening to the founder, Ben Meiselas, and his take on the daily segment, as well as Legal AF with Michael Popok, a litigation attorney who explains the law and the legalities of our Constitution, which I find interesting.
Heather Cox Richardson: I no longer read her letters. I much prefer listening to her. I would have liked to have her as a history professor, as not only is she an excellent writer, but she is also an excellent orator.
Jim Acosta Show: He was the chief White House correspondent during Obama and T____ 1.0. Acosta was fierce and would not let T____ get away with some of the fabrications T____ tried to shove down our throats. Then Press Secretary Sarah Sanders stripped Acosta of his press pass, but when possible, Acosta did not back down and would bring to the viewer’s attention the lies coming out of the White House. To me, this is the hallmark of a true journalist who is willing to risk their job to expose the truth. With T____ 2.0, CNN management chose to move Acosta out of prime time and into the dark hours. Acosta quit and has started his own YouTube Channel. The format looks a bit amateurish compared to his CNN backdrop, but the content is anything but amateurish. Jim speaks his mind, shares the truth, has excellent guests, and even held a town hall in DC with a majority of the audience, former federal workers who DOGE fired. I learned during the town hall for new federal hires and rehires that part of the application requires you to vow allegiance to T____ (not the Constitution) and write a two-page essay on why T____ is the greatest president in history.
Initially, I questioned the political patronage, which is prohibited and also a breach of the First Amendment. I then looked it up on a federal site, and sure enough, the new federal requirement is true.
Rick Wilson’s Enemies List: Wilson was a former Republican strategist for George W Bush and Rudy Giuliani when Rudy was running for Senate. Since T____ entered the scene, Wilson is no longer aligning himself with the GOP, but remains a Conservative. He is the founder of the Lincoln Project and the Never T____er movement. I enjoy his wit and his take on the “crazy.” And last, but not least…
IHIP News (I’ve Had It): The hosts, Jennifer and Angie (also known as Pumps), offer a unique spin on daily politics with an emphasis on pop culture, and they do it with humor and truth. These two women do not hold anything back and have nicknames for some of the undesirable MAGA politicians. Almost once a week, expect to see a familiar guest. Earlier this week, it was great fun to see Hakeem Jeffries, Minority Leader of the House, almost fall off his chair laughing at the nicknames, such as “Whiny-Ass Titty-Babies,” a name the IHIP girls refer to MAGA politicians.
One of the things I have noticed about independent televised journalism it’s an opportunity to see some of my favorite politicians and journalists become their best, which is fierce and pissed off. No longer are they posing for the media camera using their finest diplomacy. Give me real.

Love ya, C~




Comments

Popular Posts