Jennifer and Angie: They've Had It!
Finally, there are women who say out loud what I have been thinking - and they say it even better. In fact, these women say it out loud in public, over live streaming services. Jennifer and Angie are like your neighborhood mean girls, and I am here for it!
"I've Had It" is a popular progressive comedic and political commentary podcast/YouTube channel hosted by best friends Jennifer Welch (interior designer) and Angie "Pumps" Sullivan (attorney), who launched it in 2022.
Their podcast originally focused on everyday petty grievances and annoying social trends that mature women often feel. It has since shifted to daily political grievances and trends; these episodes are known as IHIP News, while still keeping their "I've Had It" episodes once a week.
On the weekend, they often feature guests, and they have pulled in some of the best: Barack Obama, Kamala Harris, Bernie Sanders, Kara Swisher, Maggie Haberman, Don Lemon, Heather Cox Richardson, and Hunter Biden (one of the best interviews) to name a few.
What I love about these two women is that they're professionals, well-read about our world, but so damn funny. Angie "Pumps" goes off on a tangent that makes even Jennifer laugh, and then Pumps will calm down and explain what is going on in a proper legal tone. Pumps also wears a variety of fashionable eyewear, which I am here for.
Jennifer Welch is the more dominant spokesperson who has developed unfavorable nicknames for those in Congress and media who hang around our nation's capital. Over the last year, I've noticed these nicknames often become standard across social media. Because of these nicknames, she has drawn out an unhappy audience from the most unlikely, such as Senator Ted Cruz (nickname: The Unf*ckable Ted), and she has gotten attention from the producers at Fox News. The opposition is keeping an eye on these two.
Nicknames include: Speaker Mike Johnson (Little Moses Mike), J.D. Vance (Smoky Eye Sociopath), Donald Trump (Canks), and these are just a few of the pet names. Oh wait... One of the newest nicknames is for Natalie Harp, Trump's newest 24-hour assistant, aka The Bunny Boiler (an old reference from the movie Fatal Attraction).
Maturity? Nicknames are nothing when compared to the damage this admin has done to our children, seniors, and veterans while removing food and healthcare programs, besides trying to destroy our democracy. It's using our voices, and surprisingly, the IHIP team has their attention.
Jennifer has added a new show to her list. On Friday afternoons, she joins former legacy news reporter Don Lemon for "Welch's Lemonade." The two of them "spill the tea" and share Washington, D.C. gossip, especially gossip on some of the more visible members of Congress.
Some days I cannot stomach watching the news, but I also believe we should keep in touch to what is going on, especially with this current regime. It's difficult to watch the legacy news, especially when they interview these MAGA men from Congress who talk down to and talk over sharp female reporters like Dana Bash and Kaitlin Collins. That's when IHIP with team Jennifer and Pumps makes it easy to absorb the crazy. In fact, the other night I had to clutch the chair arm to balance myself so I wouldn't fall from laughing so hard.
For more info about the IHIP women, they have a couple of books that are worth reading:
Life Is a Lazy Susan of Sh*t Sandwiches: Advice, Inspiration and Laughter, by Jennifer Welch and Angie Sullivan
NOT TODAY, FASCISTS: The Lies That Got Us Here, and the Truths That Will Reunite Us – An Incisive Political Science Analysis of American Democracy, By Jennifer Welch

.jpg)



Comments
Post a Comment